Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities has been functioning from the inception of the university in 1995. Faculty has 07 departments. At present, the faculty is located in distinct building near – the University Playground. At present, the Faculty has a student population of around 1519. The current intake was 490 students.
Notices >>No content has been found here, sorry 🙂
Undergraduate degrees offered by the faculty:
1. Bachelor of Arts Degree Program (SLQF Level5 -three years)
2. Bachelor of Arts (Honors) Degree Programs (SLQF Level 6-four years)
The Faculty conducts the B.A Degree Program with the support of all the Departments in the Faculty, while the BA Honors Degrees in relevant subjects are conducted as follows:
Department of Archaeology & Heritage Management
Bachelor of Arts Honors in Archeology and Heritage Management (Sinhala Medium)
Department of Economics
Bachelor of Arts Honors in Economics (English Medium)
Department of English Language Teaching
General English for both Bachelor and Honors’ Degree Programs
Department of Environmental Management
Bachelor of Arts Honors in Environmental Management (English Medium)
Department of Humanities
Bachelor of Arts Honors in History (Sinhala Medium)
Bachelor of Arts Honors in Mass Communication (Sihnala Medium)
Department of Languages
Bachelor of Arts Honors in Sinhala (Sinhala Medium)
Department of Social Sciences and Humanities
Bachelor of Arts Honors in Sociology (Sinhala/ English Medium)
OBJECTIVES OF THE FACULTY
The objectives of the Bachelor of Arts Degree program and Bachelor of Arts (Honors) Degree
programs the Rajarata University of Sri Lanka is to produce graduates who would be able to;
- Identify local and international social and cultural potentials perfectly and have sound knowledge, skills and self confidence to alter and develop them according to the necessity.
- Possess a balanced education to develop and broaden their perception of the inherent inter- relationship between the physical and spiritual needs.
- Not only master a specific area of artistic creation, but also to connect that area with other forms of artistic expression and to develop skills of Interpretation as well as creativity.
- Be a well equipped person with necessary knowledge, skills, competencies, attitudes and social responsibilities, capable of developing harmony among people and inculcate ethical development.
- Design and conduct scientific inquiries and experimentation when required.
- Apply the principles of sound practice in relation to health, safety, human welfare and the environment in social sciences and humanities related industries.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Secure employment opportunities worthy of the degree earned.